OBJECTIVES OF RELPAG
The Association has been established as an institution with the object of ensuring that new formulations of professional scopes of practice are done in accordance with national educational policy principles, especially Recognition of Prior Learning and fairness to those who have been trained and are practising accordingly to previously accepted scopes of practice, by: –
1. Monitoring the statutory, regulatory and funding framework within which practitioners practice their profession for any changes or acts that may have the potential to impact on practitioners, the practice of their profession and their livelihoods;
2. Communication of any such changes noted to members of the Group;
3. The encouragement and facilitation of open and transparent communication amongst practitioners practising in the Republic of South Africa;
4. Collaboration and co-operation with like-minded organizations and individuals that subscribe to similar ideals, goals and objectives as this Group on a regional and national basis in the pursuit of a just and equitable dispensation for practitioners;
5. The promotion of dialogue with other organizations involved in the mental health sector;
6. The collective expression of the Group’s members' opinions and requests regarding the scope and practice of their profession to any statutory, regulatory or funding body, or any other person or organization as may be appropriate in the protection of the members' best interests.